This blog is set up to display information from my Technology in Education class at Northwest University Fall 2011.
Monday, October 3, 2011
Reflective Post #4
While perusing the internet for interesting ways teachers are integrating technology into their classrooms I stumbled upon the idea of a WebQuest. I had never heard of it before and had never done anything like it while I was in school myself but it sounded interesting. The definition I found from the initial creator of the WebQuest idea Bernie Dogde from San Diego State University is "A WebQuest is an inquiry-oriented activity in which some or all of the information that learners interact with comes from resources on the internet, optionally supplemented with videoconferencing." Simply stated it is an activity or task for the students to accomplish using internet search engines to gather all their information. Like the SMARTexchange the WebQuest.org website has a database of precreated WebQuests for students on all ranges of topic for all levels made by educators. I thought this was another very easy way to integrate technology into lessons even for teachers who were not as comfortable with technology. I also think it would be able to cross every subject (as is demonstrated by the variety on the WebQuest databases) and interest lots of students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think that this is a great source/tool. Teachers should make students and parents aware of this webpage so students can learn more about the sources available on the internet and how to properly use them. I This may also give them some good sources that they can reflect on in their future education/career.
ReplyDeletePeter