This blog is set up to display information from my Technology in Education class at Northwest University Fall 2011.
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Bloom's Taxonomy (Week #10 Post)
Bloom's taxonomy is a pyramid shaped model to describe the different levels of understanding that a person goes through when learning about a subject. I found a link (here) that shows the original and the new revised version of the levels from the 1990's. So now what is the question that I asked myself? How does this help me as a teacher? Theories are great but how do we use this information to assess the levels of understanding that are held by our students? This quesiton led me to this website which gives examples on how to frame questions based on helpful verbs to assess the levels of understanding that the students possess on a subject. I think that this will be a helpful way to formativly assess student understanding in a quick way to be able for the teacher to understand their own teaching better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment